Begin thinking about and gathering material for your course reflection assignment, which is due at the end of Unit 10.
Learning, according to the commonly accepted psychological definition, consists of a relatively permanent change in behavior as a result of experience, and not of physical injury or maturation. This final project gives you the opportunity to reflect on your journey through this course and on what you have learned.
Write a 4–5 page essay that examines any changes (or learning) in the following areas, learning (or changes) that you can attribute to your experience in this course:
- Your idea about the discipline of psychology: what did you think it was when you came into this course, and what do you think it is now?
- Have any of your values changed?
- Have you changed your career plans?
- Are there any changes in your ideas about the relationship between psychology and society? Have the knowledge and practices psychology has developed been, and are they being, helpful or hurtful to society? Should psychology take positions on political issues, especially if there is empirical evidence that a certain practice has harmful effects?
- Describe any other change or event of interest that you have found interesting, confusing, frustrating, or liberating.
You do not need an index, abstract, or list of references for this essay, unless you use someone else’s ideas. In all other respects, the essay should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting. Include the following:
- Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th Edition) style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Arial, 10 point.
You will be required to submit this assignment to your ePortifolio, when it is due. Submit this assignment at the conclusion of Unit 10.