Police Writing Reports
You are the chief of detectives of a medium-sized police department. You have been asked by the local police academy to provide a document about writing reports. The topic is about characteristics of a report and why the characteristics are important. Because of your experience in detective work and the importance that it is given to provide clear and concise reports, you want to make sure that the central point of facts and reporting the facts is driven in your document to the police academy.
Please answer the following questions to guide you in the composition of your 4–6 page paper. Please justify all answers with academic or real-life empirical, practical criminal justice examples.
- What are the common law enforcement reports that are used by police officers?
- Why is writing reports in law enforcement important? Please provide examples to accentuate your answer.
- Is it important to provide the opinion of the reporting police officer in a report? Why?
- What are some examples of writing reports incorrectly in the law enforcement field?
- What are the correct steps from the scene of the crime to charging an individual with a crime?
Title of Article : Police Report Writing
For more information on APA, please visit the APASTYLE Lab.