You have had a chance to track your diet for 3 days. For this part of the project, you will look at additional reports from My Diet Analysis to analyze where your current diet falls within the RDA standards. You will need to submit both your report and a 3-5 double-spaced page analysis with specific nutritional goals for this semester based on your results.
- Save the following three reports as a PDF from My Diet Analysis — Actual Intakes vs Recommended Intakes; Calorie Assessment and Comparison (you will set this report to compare your two profiles so that you can see if there has been any change).
- Look at these three reports and see if there has been any difference between your diet at the beginning of the semester and now. You will then make suggestions on how you can add or subtract certain foods to or from your diet in order to meet/achieve 80-110 percent of the recommendations of My Diet Analysis. If your intake of a particular nutrient falls between 80 and 110 percent of the recommendations, you do not need to include it in your analysis since this is considered a strength. However, if it doesn’t, then indicate how you could alter your diet to make it fall within the recommended intake.
- Discuss how you met/didn’t meet your 3-5 nutrition goals and then modify or set new goals based on the RDA standards . If you would like some ideas as to how to set nutrition goals for yourself, you can check out these general interest websites:
- How to set Smart Nutrition Goals
- Setting Goals & Starting an Eating Plan
- 8 Healthy Eating Goals (fitness.gov)
How to Complete Your Assignment
Submit your work here in the CANVAS system as a Word 97-2003, .docx or other word processing file. (Google Docs, Open Office are also acceptable. If you are using iWorks, please convert to one of these file formats, as your instructor may not be able to view your document.)