Learning Plan 5 Assignment: “Kenny – An Effective Supervisor” Case Study
Directions: Review the case “Kenny: An Effective Supervisor” in your textbook and in a 2-3 page paper answer the following:
- How do you explain Kenny’s acceptance by so many other people and the respect they have for him?
- Can all supervisors operate the way Kenny does- and be effective? Explain your answers.
- Given Kenny’s effectiveness in his present job, would you recommend promoting him into high levels of management? Explain?
- Review the characteristics of servant, adaptive, and transformational leadership in the book. Which characteristics apply to Kenny?
- If Kenny were to set up a team, how would he proceed?
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox LP5 Assignment: “Kenny – An Effective Supervisor” Case Study. This assignment is worth 100 points and will be graded according to the following scoring guide.
Rating Scale x Criteria = Total Points
|20-18||Work meets or exceeds criterion at a high level of competence.|
|17-16||Work reflects an understanding of criterion with minor misunderstandings/misconceptions.|
|15-14||Criterion partially met, but one or more important concepts/skills are missing or flawed.|
|13-12||Work reflects an attempt to meet criterion, but significant misunderstandings/misconceptions are apparent.|
|11-0||Criterion not met or work is absent.|
|1.||Student explained Kenny’s acceptance by so many other people and the respect they have for him.|
|2.||Student discussed if all supervisors could operate the way Kenny does- and be effective.|
|3.||Student discussed Kenny’s effectiveness in his present job and explained whether recommending promoting him into high levels of management would be in order.|
|4.||Student discussed which characteristics of servant, adaptive, and transformational leadership apply to Kenny.|
|5.||Student explained how Kenny would set up a team.|