Assume you are a consultant to a local business that has asked you to propose an enterprise-wide solution that includes computers, peripherals, and networking solutions such that the entire system is secure. my Business Name is BLM Consulting, writing proposal for Star Solutions.
The business is a small publishing company that has 50 employees. The office is located on one floor of a single story dwelling. There are only pillars holding up the roof and no walls. Each “office” is a single glass cubicle.
Detailed specifications are as follow. Addressing each should comprise a separate section of the body of your proposal.
- PC Selection
a. The company for which you wish to be hired as a contractor needs to purchase new personal computers. The company requires clarification regarding all technical specifications for the PC’s with justifications for each attribute. (Note: specify hard drive capacity, speed, RAM, etc., and also recommend an operating system.)
b. The company is looking for at least 20 business-class machines. Brand is not mandated. The company will eventually network all of the computers. The company is looking for you to explain what internal and external networking components are required (explaining each and justifying WHY you chose the machines you did).
c. All proposals should include cost elements.
- Peripherals (Consider drafting this topic during Module 3.)
a. The company has asked that you provide details regarding the different types of peripheral equipment that can be connected to the computers proposed in the PC Selection section. Include descriptions of the types of connections needed for monitors, storage devices, printers, and any other devices you feel would be appropriate for the scenario described.
b. All proposals should include cost elements.
a. You are required to provide a solution that can connect all users in a manner that will allow them to manage and share files in a central location. These are the basic requirements, but you are encouraged to be creative in proposed solutions, keeping in mind that while the organization is growing quickly, it remains relatively small.
a. In this section be sure to discuss how the individual PCs and network would be secured.
Your draft proposal should include each of the following sections, with each preceded by an appropriate heading:
- Table of Contents
- Body, including a separate section for each numbered item in the specifications above
- APA References
- Any appendices you feel appropriate
Support each of your four proposed elements by citing at least one credible source, which may be ITS310 module content, and/or any credible outside source. Your paper should be 8-10 pages in length with document and citation formatting per APA
I know that the Portfolio is coming up, and I wanted to give the entire class some helpful hints for it.
1. Name your business. Example: PC Consulting Inc.
2. Name the company you are writing this proposal for. – Use
3. Always write in THIRD person per APA.
4. Follow the sections mentioned in the Portfolio (Introduction, Table of Contents, Body, etc)
5. Include these sections in the body: PC Selection; Peripherals, Networking, and Security.
6. I know the text of the Comprehensive and Secure Solutioin includes cost elements, thus include an Excel spreadsheet on Costs. Costs include consulting services, installation, and anything
else that will make you a profit. It is not just selling them Dell PC’s, for example. You can embed an Excel spreadsheet in the Word doc.
7. One spreadsheet will be sufficient at the end of the paper. Just refer to it when you write the paper.