I need answers to sci 204 week 1 lab
- Complete lab report exercises in MS Word format
- Provide answers to Exercises 1, 2, & 3
- Use the naming convention Lab1_INITIALS.docx
- John Smith = Lab1_JS.docx
The total value of the lab is 40 points; the questions will be worth the following point values:
- Question 1 is worth a maximum of 12 points. Six points each for part 1 and part 2.
- Question 2 is worth a maximum of 12 points. Three points for each of the 4 cycles.
- Question 3 is worth a maximum of 16 points. Four points for each Nitrogen example (yours and three industries).
Exercise 1. Part 1) How does a class being conducted online instead of on campus increase or decrease the classes’ contribution to the carbon cycle during the term? Consider the differences between the two in terms of methods of travel, and use of facilities, energy, and other resources. Remember to focus on the impact to the carbon cycle. Part 2) Complete the ecological footprint quiz at the following link: http://myfootprint.org/en/visitor_information and report your results. What did you learn about you and your family’s impact on the environment?
Exercise 2. Using ONE ecosystem from the list below, explain the role of the carbon, hydrologic, phosphorus, and nitrogen cycles in this ecosystem.
Choose from a “normal”: tropical rain forest, tundra, river delta, or savannah.
Exercise 3. Make a table containing three industrial and one of your activities that impact the nitrogen cycle. List whether each activity results in an increase or a decrease in atmospheric nitrogen. List your references!
Action Increases atmospheric Nitrogen Decreases atmospheric Nitrogen