Write a four to eight (4-8) page paper in which you:
1. Compose an analysis of lung cancer as compared to other leading causes of death in your state.
Include the mortality rates and the costs of lung cancer (for the most recent year reported) in your
2. Analyze the three (3) key risk factors associated with lung cancer as it pertains to your state.
3. Rank the three (3) key risk factors from order of biggest public health concern. Provide statistics
or specific evidence from your state to support your ranking.
4. For the highest key risk factor that you ranked above, analyze the efforts your state has taken to
address that factor over the past 10 years.
5. Consider the efforts your state has taken to overcome this risk factor. Then, recommend at least
two (2) new tactics or strategies the state can take that will help lower that risk factor that has not
been taken in the last 10 years. Provide a rationale and support for your recommendations.
6. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Assess the quality of care through community health planning and needs assessment tools.
Describe mortality, risk adjustment, and descriptive epidemiology: Time, Place, and Person.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in managerial epidemiology.
Write clearly and concisely about managerial epidemiology using proper writing mechanics