The Greenhouse effect and greenhouse gases have increased as a result of human activities, (anthropogenic,) primarily since the Industrial Revolution. These gases lead scientists to the Theory of Global Warming.
As an environmentalist, you are very interested in the Theory of Global Warming and climate change. The United Nations has established The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) that published the AR4 Synthesis Report. “Global GHC emissions due to human activities have grown since pre-industrial times, with an increase of 70% between 1970 and 2004.” Other scientists say that Global Warming does not exist and support the idea that climate fluctuations are natural changes that have happened before in historical weather patterns. Evidence from all over the world indicates that the earth was hotter 1,000 years ago than it is today. Research shows that temperatures were higher in what is known as the Medieval Warming period than they were in the 1990s You are to discuss the questions below about Global Warming:
- What are Greenhouse gases? List 3 greenhouse gases. What are the sources of these?
- Summarize and defend your opinion either for, against, or undecided about Global Warming.
- What is Sound Science? Does it support your opinion of Theory of Global Warming? Explain your answer.
- List 3 things that can be done to reduce carbon emissions.
- Refer to at least two credible articles you found on Global Warming, and reference them with proper APA format.
- Make at least two substantive comments to others.