In this highly competitive business environment, businesses are constantly seeking ways to gain traction and understand what is on the minds of current customers and potential customers in order to increase business efficiency. Many companies have turned to business intelligence (BI) and data analytics.
Use the Internet to research articles on data analytics. Select one (1) industry or one (1) company that is currently using data analytics. Use the industry / company you have selected as the basis for your written paper.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Define data analytics in general and provide a brief overview of the evolution of utilizing data analytics in business.
2. Analyze the main advantages and disadvantages of using data analytics within the industry or company that you have chosen.
3. Determine the fundamental obstacles or challenges that business management in general must overcome in order to implement data analytics. Next, suggest a strategy that business management could use to overcome the obstacles or challenges in question. Provide a rationale for your response.
4. Analyze the overall manner in which data analytics transformed the industry or company you selected with regard to customer responsiveness and satisfaction.
5. Speculate on the trend of using data analytics for the chosen industry or company in the next ten (10) years. Next, determine at least one (1) additional type of data that one could collect by using data analytics. Provide a rationale for your response.
6. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.