Calculate Future/present values and “original principal amount” and “value of an annuity ” and rates of interests (FINANCE HOMEWORK)
1. Calculate future value of $5,600 received today and deposited at 9 percent for three years.
2. Calculate the present value of $90,000 to be received in 15 years, assuming an opportunity cost of 14%.
3. Calculate the present value of a $10,000 perpetuity at a 8% discount rate.
4. You have obtained a seven year, 8 percent loan with a bank requiring annual end of year payments of $960.43. Calculate the original principal amount.
5. Calculate the future value of an annuity of $5,000 each year for eight years, deposited at 6 percent.
6. Calculate the future value of an annuity of $5,000 each year for eight years, deposited at 6%.
7. A deep discount bond can be purchased for $312 and in 20 years it will be worth $1,000. What is the rate of interest on the bond?
8. You have borrowed $25,000 from the bank at 15 percent to be repaid in 10 equal annual installments. Calculate the end of year payment.