For your Business Capstone Project you will examine and present solutions to a problem that’s occurring in today’s business world. The project will focus on a key business problem/issue, to be researched and analyzed by you with a recommended solution(s) presented.
You will select one of the following business problems for your project:
- Mismatch between the skills needed from employees and the talent available. There is a perceived shortage of talent in the market.
- Shortage of talented employees due to people finding employment overseas.
- Integrity – employees, and company executives have decided to cut corners, omit information, lie, steal, and deceive to get ahead.
- Cash, borrowing, and resources management – the company is having a problem managing their cash flow; capital expenditures and receivable collections are draining their cash.
- Increased competition in the marketplace.
- Marketing and Customer Loyalty – challenge to market to potential customers effectively and retain existing customers.
- Uncertainty – short-term focus due to economic uncertainty; lost focus with long-term planning in favor of shorter-term goals.
- Problem Solving and Risk Management – problem with identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks.
- Finding the right staff – finding the right staff, retaining them, and ensuring they buy into the vision of the business
MovieFlix is experiencing several issues that are not uncommon to the business industry. They have hired your consulting firm, Rasmussen Consulting, to analyze and help them solve one of their problems. Rasmussen has assigned the case to you and you will serve as the consultant on this project.Your company, Rasmussen Consulting, was hired by MovieFlix, a company that provides subscription service for on-demand Internet streaming media and DVD-by-mail within the U.S. You are the consultant that Rasmussen has decided to assign the MovieFlix case to.
To begin your assignment you will need to select one of the business problems described in the “Capstone Project Introduction” page. To complete your assignment, you will need to do the following:
- Research your business issue. You will need to use a minimum of 4 credible sources for your research, with 2 being academic sources, such as a book or an academic scholarly journal. Academic scholarly journals can be accessed through the Rasmussen Online Library. For business sources, ProQuest and EBSCO Host are helpful.
*A note about credible sources: Credible sources are reliable, accurate, and trustworthy. These sources are written by authors respected in their fields of study. You want to identify sources where the author of the article is listed, if they’ve referenced other information, the sources should be cited so that you can check for the accuracy of and support what they have written. Wikipedia is notconsidered a credible source. For more information on credible sources, please visit the Rasmussen Online Library
- In 2-3 pages, describe the problem that you’ve selected:
- What is the problem?
- Why is it a problem for businesses?
- Why does this problem exist or what causes it
- What are some of the consequences if the problem goes unsolved?
- Remember to use proper tone in your paper. You are speaking from a “consultant” point of view. Your audience is the Leadership Team at MovieFlix.
- Make sure to write your paper utilizing proper APA formatting guidelines, and to include an APA formatted title page. Use NoodleBib to document your sources and to complete your APA formatted reference page and in-text citations.