All the answers in CONCEPTS OF PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES TENTH EDITION
1. Speedcoding was invented to overcome two significant shortcomings of
the computer hardware of the early 1950s. What were they?
2. Why was the slowness of interpretation of programs acceptable in the
3. In what year was the Fortran design project begun?
4. Which version of Fortran was the first to have any sort of dynamic
5. Where was LISP developed? By whom?
6. What dialect of LISP is used for introductory programming courses at
7. In what version of ALGOL did block structure appear?
8. In what year did the COBOL design process begin?
9. For what new line of computers was PL/I designed?
10. What language introduced the case statement?
11. What are two characteristics of C that make it less safe than Pascal?
12. What are the two kinds of statements that populate a Prolog database?
13. What Ada construct provides support for abstract data types?
14. What was the first application for Java?
15. What deficiency of the switch statement of C is addressed with the
changes made by C# to that statement?
16. Where are servlets executed?